Youtube is obnoxious

"Youtube will make you watch an ad before you can see a video showing how to CPR," my son observed when I showed him this meme.

Given the conversations I've had with my kids about the advertising they see, I wouldn't be surprised if it were a promotion for alcohol that one was forced to watch before learning to save a life.

It seems outrageous that Youtube can push those adult products at my children.

Broadcasting services based within Australia have to observe the expectations of the community and alcohol advertising stopped long ago.

Then again. even the way the service has started streaming multiple ads at the start of videos seems obnoxious to me.

Youtube is the dominant platform and a small country like Australia probably has little influence on shaping their practices.

It's disappointing that the focus of our government seems to have been on maintaining market share for Rupert Murdoch.