DANCE music

It's interesting time to release a new album



The tracks on DANCE have accumulated over the last four years or so.

There was a lot of material to consider but the biggest challenge was overcoming my preconceptions, because it's part of a bigger sequence.

Around 15 years ago when I released my first album SHAKES, I thought it would be interesting if the titles for my releases formed a sequence.

Over the years it's taken shape as SHAKES YOUR (VISCERA) (WITHER) VIBRATING STRING WHILE REIMAGINING AND DANCE...

(The titles in brackets appeared under other aliases.)

As the album appears to be approaching it's end as a popular format for music, I feel I'm racing to get the last out while they're still sorta relevant.

I really like shifting my approach to plan for an album, as it involves revisiting older material and gauging if my skills have improved enough to improve the exported song.

Then I collect material and look for ways to incorporate elements, particularly when two or more tracks combine to create something bigger and better.

I've just been reading how Bach did something similar and incorporated earlier works into his later material.