Anniversary

I fell in love about 20 years ago

It didn't seem so unusual that I noted the date at the time, but Jo and I are still together and have three wonderful children.

About a decade ago I went through my emails and tried to pin it down to a date, which I dutifully noted in Facebook and many of our friends liked it.

Anyway, since I've been locked out of Facebook for not using their app on a mobile phone, I now don't have that detail.

Over the years I shared various reflections on our enduring romance and the relationship has gone through different phases.

If there's a lesson to share, it's that relationships can be different every day and people can be too.

I think Khalil Gibran summed it up as:

the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow

Our differences are what keeps things interesting, since we're always sharing new ideas.

Thankfully most of our disagreements are about things that quickly seem trivial, such as choosing a meal.

Thanks Jo for sharing your life with me.