Gained in translation

I was admiring Julian Mithra's poetry in The Lifted Brow, particularly the one using a recipe format, when I noticed this "translator's note":
I've made English-to-English translations... 
In these experiments, I isolated nouns, verbs, adjectives, and some adverbs, and used a couple of wide-reaching thesauruses and online dictionaries to replace each word with a distant synonym. 
In selecting words, I was primarily attracted to sound, with some compensation toward theme and consistency of symbols. 
The process owes a debt to Dada's advice about incorporating chance...

It's a cool idea and a technique I can see myself using sometime.

I really appreciate it when an artist shares their process, as it allows the viewer to understand the work beyond whatever thought process it triggers for them.