Light at the Museum

I walked into a training session yesterday and overheard someone say "he looks like a curator"

One of the best things about returning to work at the Museum has been the feeling that this is where I should be working.

Another thing I like is this council have an excellent HR section.

Different councils do things differently, but the fact that I've done multiple training sessions and only just got past my employee probation is one sign of an organisation that invests in their staff.

One sneaky thing they did was to give me gifts when I completed that three-month probation.

I can recognise that unsolicited gifts generate goodwill, which is something council normally remind staff about for the risk of corruption.

The fact they are trying to use this technique in a way that produces a psychologically-demonstrated effect in employee behaviour is something that I can admire and revile in equal measure. 

That's equal opportunity for you!