Life drawing class

Joined a life drawing class led by Anthea da Silva yesterday

It's always interesting to hear from established artists how they approach the simple act of drawing a model.

Anthea's guidance often aimed to unsettle established practices and prompted me to reflect on how art benefits from creating possibility, rather than settling into a rut.

One of the exercises involved drawing with both hand simultaneously, which is challenging as one can't look at two places as well.

However, while the result isn't something I want to share here, it was surprising to me.

I could see a different artist in my work and an entirely new style that was waiting to be explored.

As the class progressed I got bored with drawing the back of the model and started sketching my classmates, while recognising that I seem to work best with the short-timing of earlier sittings.