Advance Australia unfairly

A recent Disquiet Junto project gave me an idea to use the cut-up technique on the national anthem

My oldest, Oscar, sings in the choir at school, so I knew he'd provide the raw material for this edit.

My partner Jo joked that I might get arrested for butchering the national anthem and it's a contentious song for me anyway, since the second verse is at odds with Australia's offshore detention policies.

I think it was William S. Burroughs who thought the Cut-up technique revealed hidden meanings in text, and it seems to me the Australian national anthem has language which seems to 'dog-whistle' the white Australia policies of earlier eras.

Anyway, my result is unmusical and I tried singing the new arrangement to the existing melody, which improved it but seemed at odds with the Junto directions.