Goodbye Facebook

Earlier this month I got blocked from using Facebook

In the past I've lost access for things that I've posted, which has often been frustrating as they were sometimes posted years earlier -- so it felt like I'd been punished for guidelines applied retrospectively.

This time it's less interesting because I was blocked for not using multi-factor authentication (MFA).

I had enough warning to let friends know I was leaving and it was nice that some took my offer of email.

Some friends tried to explain the value of MFA, but I don't have a mobile phone and couldn't see an alternative.

(I don't doubt the value of MFA, by the way.)

So far it's been painless to live without access to the popular social network, although I feel as though I'm missing out on stuff.

However, I'm also missing all the pointless time I spent on Facebook and the stuff I didn't need that I bought on Marketplace.

I think it's a win.