Twitter redesign

I've been dipping into Twitter for about 10 years but in recent years I began to consider closing my account

I almost stopped using it, then started again when I began a role that used that service.

Now the Twitter redesign has left me feeling I can stop tweeting.

It brings to mind the confected outrage when Facebook would change features.

I'd guess that FB learned to make only small cosmetic changes and it's a lesson that Twitter could heed.

The redesign of Twitter is drastic, with a new dark colour and changes to the content of a user's timeline.

Part of me knows I can adjust, but another part welcomes the feeling of alienation as a way to kick the habit.

It was good for a while.

I've enjoyed the opportunity to converse with people who I don't know and meet some too.

And, when my kids wanted to join social media, Twitter was a good option as it'd send me an email when certain things happened with their accounts.

Now my kids have ditched Twitter and I feel the news and entertainment it offers are distractions that I no longer need too.