Selfie season

The other week I had a feeling that I should take a photo of myself

It seemed a weird urge at the time, then I noticed a couple of selfies in my Facebook Memories.

When I mentioned this to my partner, she observed that this must be the time of the year that I feel unseen.

That interpretation didn't sit easily with me, but then I noticed increasing numbers of self-portraits in my Memories.

And then I began pondering the stuff my friends are posting.


What if this is the season for selfies?

As we spend more time indoors and have less time to be active in the sunshine, maybe it's a quick boost to mood and then an ongoing stream of likes from friends.

In other news, I have returned to Facebook to undertake social media duties for work.

It's still a battle with weird experiences like losing access to a page and finding all of the directions to restore it are out of date.

Yet there's still a massive audience to reach and increasingly I enjoy the opportunity to make seasonal observations about myself, as well as seeing the cute things my kids did in previous years.