Escapes

Sometimes I tinker with a recording. 

Sometimes it's because the version that met the deadline isn't the finished version and sometimes it's because the parts get recycled for another project.

Recently I recorded a jam in G minor for a Disquiet Junto project and the first draft was wild. It had four drum takes, two basslines, two four-string guitars, guitar and a few vocal parts.



Then I revisited the track and used only a bass, drums and two-four strings for a Naviar Haiku project, but ended up adding more takes when I produced the video.



Yesterday I used the parts for another Junto project, moving them into the fore and background.



Each track is like a refraction of the view offered by the parts recorded. Each shows a slightly different perspective on the moment and each seems to suggest a different interpretation.

It's interesting to hear so much possibility in sound, I think.